I am continually blown away as I see all that God is doing with the our No Hungry Children ministry, and how people are jumping on board to help us feed children locally and globally. I want to share how a small idea can turn into a HUGE ministry and opportunity to feed children.
Last October I did a benefit concert in Acworth, GA and we were able to raise close to $20,000. My nephew Jace (11 years old) heard about it and said to his mom (my sister Wendi) “mom, I want to help Uncle Brandon raise money to feed the children in Nairobi. Can we buy some cookies that I can sell at school so we can give all of the money to Uncle Brandon to send to the hungry children in Africa?”
Well, that was in November of 2011, and only 4 months later let me tell you what has come of it:
• Jace has raised over $600 in cookie sales just from his school
• Boys and Girls Club of America got wind of the cookie sales and want to implement that or something similar in all of their 13 schools in the Tyler TX area
• Jumpin’ Jacks Party Shack is now selling cookies to their 150+ kids per day that come and bounce at their venue (today was their first day and they raised $84 which feeds 84 kids for 1 week!!)
• God moved in my sister Wendi’s life to want to do a benefit festival in her hometown of Tyler TX, which has led to over 50 sponsors/donors, in which we’ve already collected over $8,000 in sponsorship funds, plus additional funds committed, plus food vendors donating food, plus dozens of items to auction off such as celebrity items, week long youth camp vouchers, gym memberships, gift cards, wedding cakes, etc. etc. We expect to raise between $80,000-$100,000 and we expect to get 1,000 children sponsored monthly/annually as well
• Over $900 raised so far in restaurant give-back days, with another 6-8 days still remaining before the event
God is doing some massive things as we draw near to the 60-day mark of the event on May 19th. It is literally almost every day that we are finding out that someone else wants to be a sponsor, or has donated something for our silent auction or wants to do a give-back day, or wants to just donate to our cause or….you get the picture. Praise God. Please continue to pray for God have His hand on us and for Him to give us wisdom and patience as we trust Him to make things happen that HE wants to have happen. This is all about Him and all for Him, and we want only Jesus to get the glory that He deserves from this event and from our ministry.
I also wanted to let you know that I have just released a new single to radio called Can’t Get Enough, off of the album See the Glory. Please call your local Christian radio station(s) and ask them to play Can’t Get Enough by Brandon Scott Smith, and help us get the word out about the greatness of God’s presence and how only He can satisfy.
Thank you so much for your prayers, your encouragement and your support. It means the world to us. If you are in the East Texas area, please put May 19th on your calendar to come out to Bergfeld Park in Tyler and enjoy the great festivities and worship that we will have. There will be bouncies for the kids, lots of food, lots of vendors, a silent auction with lots of great items, several local worship bands doing music as well as a concert by Dallas Holm and then Kim and I will close out the afternoon. It should be a lot of fun.
Have a great week and we appreciate your prayers so much.
God Bless You,
Brandon Scott Smith